Tutorial: Festival Ready with Fishtail Plaits
- All News
- June 2013
With Glastonbury on the horizon, we know you ladies are looking for a way to keep your hair stylish and cool this summer despite the inevitable festival grime. Thankfully, our very own Tom Greenhouse has teamed up with the lovely Judy Johnson over at Get The Gloss to bring you this step by step tutorial to get the perfect fishtail plait.
Step 1: Prep
- After washing your hair towel dry and apply Galvin & Galvin Organic Head Anti-Frizz Serum, £4, to the lengths and ends and comb through. This will tame unruly frizz.
- If you want to create volume at the roots apply Organic Head Full Volume Lift Spray, £4, or alternatively leave the roots if you’re going for the sleeker look.
- Using a paddle brush, comb through your hair and divide into two equal sections before plaiting
- Take a small piece of hair from the right section from underneath, and bring it over to the left section, wrapping around the entire section
- Make sure your strands of hair aren’t too large, or it will look more like a regular braid
- Do the same thing with the left section and continue the process until you finish braiding and secure your hair with a band.
Step 3: Finish
- This look is best worn messy so use a sea salt spray to help create that tousled look; I like L’Oreal Play Ball, £12.25.
- With your fingertips, pull and scrunch your hair slightly to give it a modern, matte and textured finish.
- Alternatively, you could go for a sleeker look and finish by using a gel.